– 16 November 2014: Lecture in ‘t Hazzo in Waalre in light of this year’s goal of 3FM Serious Request/The Netherlands Red Cross, sexual violence against women and girls in conflict.
– 26 February 2013: Pub-lecture in Tilburg with students of the study association INTERACT (Magister) of Tilburg University.
– 4-17 March 2013: Photo-exposition “The Men Who Killed Me” at “De Poorterij”, Zaltbommel.
– 8 March 2013: Mukomeze was present with a stall, sending handicrafts at “De Poorterij” in Zaltbommel, where we also gave a short presentation about the work we do. During this evening Soroptimistclub Zaltbommel organised activities in the context of international women’s day.
– 16 April 2013: Presentation at the “Protestant women’s group Dinther”, Dinther.
– 26 April 2013: Chair Anne-Marie de Brouwer received a Royal honour – “Knight” in the Orde of Oranje Nassau – for both her professional (university) and societal (Mukomeze) work.
-30 April until 1 June 2013: Photo-exposition “The Men Who Killed Me: The strength of Rwandan genocide survivors”, Lunchroom De Uitdaging, Ulvenhout.
– 8 May 2013: 5th Anniversary (Lustrum) of the Mukomeze Foundation, showing the movie ‘Un dimanche a Kigali’, Chassé Cinema, Breda.
– 11 May 2013: Lustrum of the Mukomeze Foundation, with drinks for sponsors, donors and interested people of the foundation, at Lunchroom De Uitdaging in Ulvenhout (closed gathering).
– 11 and 13 June 2013: Together with members of the Soroptimistclub Bommelerwaard, Mukomeze cycled to generate funds for a duplex house for women in Rwanda.
– 16 June 2013: Gregorian choir Schola Karolus Magnus “A sung monument for women” with church service preceding with Mama Lambert (genocide survivor and counselor at our partnerorganisation in Rwanda) in Sint-Laurentiuschurch in Ulvenhout.
– 20 June 2013: Interview with Mama Lambert and commemoration of the genocide against the Tutsi in the Synagoge in Tilburg.
– 1 September 2013: Several board members and volunteers of the Mukomeze Foundation participated in the “Tilburg Ten Miles” run to raise attention for Mukomeze’s goal to find sponsors for women in the south of Rwanda.
– 5 September 2013: Present at the market place in Zaltbommel where we sold second hand jewelry together with Soroptimistclub Bommelerwaard. Profits will be used to build a duplex-house for Rwandan women.
– 21 September 2013: Present at the Koolhovense market in Tilburg with a stand where we sold handycrafts made by Rwandan women.
– 11 January 2012: Presentation at Soroptimistclub Bommelerwaard. Soroptimistclub Bommelerwaard chose to support the Mukomeze Foundation in 2012 and 2013. The money collected during these two years will be used to build a duplex house for widows and orphans in Rwanda.
– January –
– 4-16 April 2012: Photo-
– 21 April 2012: Clothing exchange market Soroptimistclub Bommelerwaard, Gameren. Mukomeze was present with handicrafts at the clothing exchange market of the Soroptimists in Gameren. The profit of this day went to the Mukomeze Foundation for the housing-project.
– 8 May 2012: Presentation during the 18th commemoration of the genocide at Tilburg University organised by the Academic Forum together with Alphonse Muleefu and Felix Ndahinda.
– 11 May 2012: Presentation during the “Vrouwen Ontmoeten Vrouwen” meeting in Tilburg.
– 20 –
– 24 June 2012: Mukomeze was present at the “Vrienden van Rwanda dag” in Wageningen.
– 6 September 2012:The Mukomeze Foundation was present with a stall, selling hand-crafted products at the fair in Zaltbommel together with the Soroptimistclub Bommelerwaard. The profit of this day went to the Mukomeze Foundation for the housing-project.
– 21 November 2012: Mukomeze attended the Impulsis Media and Fund recruitment day, Utrecht.
– 22 November 2012: Mukomeze attended the Workshop “Samenwerken met Wilde Ganzen”, The Hague.
– 15 December 2012: The Mukomeze Foundation was present with a stall, selling hand-crafted products at the Iriks Winterfair Breda, Breda.
– 13 January 2011: Lecture at the Student Association S.S.R.- N.U. in Utrecht.
– 6 February – 27 March 2011: The Dutch translation of the book “The Men Who Killed Me” (“De mannen die mij hebben vermoord”) was launched in collaboration with the National Monument Camp Vught. During this period, the photo-exhibition was on display in the exhibition hall of National Monument Camp Vught, thus linking the violence within the Second World War, to the violence of today. There were also organized integrated activities during this time, which included:
- 6 February 2011: Book launch of the Dutch translation of “The Men Who Killed Me”, along side the opening of the photo-exhibition, with the testimony of genocide survivor Denise Uwimana. Kathleen Ferrier, Member of Parliament CDA, attended and was presented with the first copy of the book.
- 27 February 2011: Film “Shooting Dogs”, with discussions following from the Mukomeze Foundation.
- 10 March 2011: A guided tour for students of Tilburg University and board members of the Mukomeze Foundation at National Monument Camp Vught.
- 26 March 2011: At the “Friends Day” of National Monument Camp Vught, the Mukomeze Foundation was present with a stand.
- 27 March 2011: Film “A Sunday in Kigali”, with discussions following from the Mukomeze Foundation.
– 2 March 2011: Lecture at Webster University in Leiden, in the context of international women’s day.
– 23 March 2011: Lecture at Rotary Club Vught.
– 5 April 2011: Lecture at Tilburg University, on the 17th commemoration of the Rwandan genocide.
– 7 April 2011: Lecture at ISS in The Hague, on the 17th commemoration of the Rwandan genocide.
– 3 August 2011: Lecture at the Rotary Club Vught by Mama Lambert (counsellor at our partner organization Solace Ministries in Rwanda), on activities of Solace Ministries and the Mukomeze Foundation.
– 7 August 2011: Testimony and explanation of the work of Solace Ministries and the Mukomeze Foundation, given by Mama Lambert in the Resurrection Church, Tilburg.
– 14 August 2011: During a Mukomeze-drink gathering in Breda, organized specially for our sponsors and volunteers, Mama Lambert gave her testimony and talked about her counselling work with genocide survivors at Solace Ministries.
– 3 October 2011: Lecture at the “Catholic Women’s Organisation” Ulvenhout.
– 22 December 2011: Lecture and photo-exhibition “The Men Who Killed Me”, held until mid-May 2012, at the “Night University” at Tilburg University. The purpose of this event was to raise money for the project of 3FM Serious Request of that year: “War Mothers”.
–10 February 2010 – 1 September 2010: Photo-exhibition “The Men Who Killed Me” at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
– 8 April 2010: 16th commemoration of the Rwandan genocide at Tilburg University. The Mukomeze Foundation was present with a stall, selling hand-crafted products.
– 26 April 2010: Lecture at the Lion’s club Oisterwijk.
– 28 April 2010: Present with a stand at the Goirle conference of “Breaking Domestic Violence”, organized by the Provincial Women’s Council.
– August 2010: In August several board members of the Mukomeze Foundation visited its partner organization in Rwanda, for monitoring and follow-up work.
– 23 September 2010: Honourable mention for the Chair of the Mukomeze Foundation at the presentation of the Breda Peace Prize. This took place in the KMA and was organized by COS Brabant.
– October 2010: Several presentations took place in the month of October, at various hotel/catering courses in Brabant (The Rooi Pannen Eindhoven, The Rooi Pannen Breda and the ROC de Leijgraaf Oss and Cuijk). The students of these institutes prepared a meal within the context of World Food Day; revenue from these meals went to the peanut project in Rwanda.
– 25 November 2010: Present with a stand at the National Symposium on “Breaking Domestic Violence – Talk about it!”, organized through the Dutch Women’s Council, in collaboration with the Provincial Women’s Council North Brabant, in honour of the international day for the elimination of violence against women.
– 24th December 2010: Presentation and participation at the torchlight procession of “Torches for Peace” in Tilburg. That year the turnover from “Torches for Peace” went towards the Mukomeze Foundation. The money was spent on setting up a market stall in Nyanza.
– 27 January 2009: Guest speaker at the “Holocaust Memorial Day” at Tilburg University.
– 7 April 2009: Organization and participation at Tilburg University, on the 15th anniversary of the Rwandan genocide; with readings of testimonies of survivors of sexual violence as part of the launch of the photo-exhibition and book “The Men Who Killed Me”: Rwandan Survivors of Sexual Violence. Denise Uwimana also gave her testimony as a genocide survivor.
– 7 April – 4 July 2009: Organization of the 100-day travelling photo-exhibition “The Men Who Killed Me” with 20 black and white photographs on canvas, depicting the portraits of survivors of sexual violence, whose testimonials and photographs are included in the book “The Men Who Killed Me”. The photo-exhibition includes photographs by Samer Muscati and travelled through the Netherlands for 100 days, the duration of the genocide. The photo-exhibition was displayed at the following locations in the Netherlands: Tilburg University (7 April 2009 – 21 April 2009), “House of the World” Tilburg (22 April 2009 – 1 May 2009), Public Library Wageningen (2 May 2009 – 14 May 2009), Heerenstraat Theatre Wageningen (4 and 5 May 2009), Avans Applied University (15 May 2009 – 31 May 2009), Cinemariënburg Nijmegen (1 June 2009 – 13 June 2009), and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (16 June 2009 – 4 July 2009).
– 6 October 2009: Lecture at the Rotary Club Eindhoven North.
– 5 November 2009: Lecture at Tilburg University.
– 18 November 2009: Lecture at the “Catholic Women’s Guild” in Dongen.
– 25 November 2009 – 10 February 2010: Photo-exhibition “The Men Who Killed Me” at Cordaid in The Hague.
– 26 November 2009: Lecture at Cordaid in The Hague, within the framework of “16 days of Activism against Gender Violence”.
– 2 December 2009: Sale of handicrafts made by Rwandan women on the Paletplein in Tilburg.
– 8 May 2008: Establishment of the Mukomeze Foundation.
– 14 November 2008: Lecture at Rotary Club Breda-West.
– 9 December 2008: Participation as a guest speaker at the “World Stage” in Tilburg, within the framework of the Human Rights Day (60 years of human rights).
– 31 December 2008 and 1 January 2009: Denise Uwimana (formerly social worker at Solace Ministries in Rwanda and member of the International Advisory Board of the Mukomeze Foundation), testified as a survivor of the genocide and gave witness in the St. John and Mark Church in Breda. The Mukomeze Foundation was present and gave information in relation to its activities.